Father’s Day is celebrated on June 20th (Sunday). This day is observed to celebrate the path of fatherhood and the special bond between children and their father in different parts of the world. Although we don’t need a specific day to celebrate our father – he’s a friend, guide, and parent. Fathers are an integral part of our family. They not only meet our needs, they also pamper us in the best possible way. It is the best time to show love and gratitude to your father. Also Read – Father’s Day 2021: The Date, History And Meaning Of This Special Day
Fathers are often known as our first inspiration, our own caped superhero, and Father’s Day provides us with the perfect opportunity to celebrate and honor the sacrifices he has made for our betterment. Father’s Day is celebrated on different days in many parts of the world, most commonly in March, April and June. Also Read – Indian Idol 12 Father’s Day Special: Arunita Kanjilal Gives Dad A Trip To London, Sayli Kambli Shares Emotional Moment
The first celebration of Father’s Day took place on June 19, 1910 at the YMCA in Spokane, Washington. The idea of celebrating Father’s Day came from Sonora Dodd. Sonora’s father, Civil War veteran William Jackson Smart, was a single parent and raised his six children. After hearing a Mother’s Day sermon in 1909, Dodd thought that there should be a corresponding day in honor of the fathers. Also Read – Know the Relationship Between International Men’s Health Week and Father’s Day
On this special day, the easiest way to make your dad feel loved is by sending him the best messages, quotes that will make him special.
- “It’s a wise father who knows his own child.” -William Shakespeare
- “A father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” —Georg Herbert
- “A girl’s first true love is her father.” —Marisol Santiago
- A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He will show you. ”—Dimitri the stone heart
- Thank you for your role model and leadership role in our family. We love you dad!
- Thank you for becoming a child, friend, and parent during times when I needed the perfect person by my side! You are the best man i know!
- I learned everything from you that you need for a good life! Thank you for always being there, papa!
- The older I get, the more I realize how many sacrifices you have made to improve my life! I can never thank you enough for everything you’ve done for me! I love you daddy.
- Happy Father’s Day to the guy who taught me how to kick and throw, how to set up a grounder, how to pull through and pretty much everything else important I know about baseball and life!
- My dad always said it was never too late to do what you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can achieve until you try.-Michael Jordan
- May you have a full year. Thanks for always being there, papa. Happy Father’s Day!
- I am full of gratitude for your presence in my life and no day like today to express this to you. Happy Father’s Day, Dad!
- Happy Father’s Day to all fathers who are patient, loving, dedicated, hardworking, generous and funny.