You should check for a new Facebook Messenger for Android update every week as the latest versions add improvements as well as new features.
If Facebook Messenger version is not working for you that you have installed on your Android phone or you want to take advantage of the latest features that the social network has introduced in its messaging app, You must update it as soon as possible.
As with the other applications that can be downloaded on Android, the people who created them and who support them, They usually update them to offer improvementsand fix errors.
Happily, Accessing these updates is extremely easy. If you have turned off automatic updates, we recommend that you continue reading because here we will show you everything in a few steps what you need to do to update facebook messenger on android.
It’s that easy to update Facebook Messenger on Android
Before we show you the tutorial that will teach you how to update this particular app, It is very important that you have free space on your phone. If you have many apps installed, you should free up space on your phone so that the update can download correctly.
Without further ado, here are all the steps you need to take:
- The first thing you should do is Open the Play Store from your Android phone.
- Once you are in the Google App Store, You have to click on your account (top right of the screen).
- A menu with several options will appear, click on the one that says “Manage device and apps”.
- So you need to click “updates available”.
- Then you have to click on the button “To update”which is located on the right side of the app “Delivery boy”.
- Wait for the update to download.
- Once downloaded, Play Store will automatically install it on your Android mobile device.
When the Play Store has completed the update process, We recommend that you test the operation of Facebook Messenger on your mobile phone. You can share your location, send messages, or take other actions to check that the update in question hasn’t broken the features offered by the messaging app.
Can’t update Facebook Messenger on your Android phone?
If for some strange reason The Google Play Store gives you an error message when updating Facebook MessengerFrom here we suggest you perform some of these actions:
- Clear Facebook Messenger cache from the Android settings.
- restart phone.
- Delete apps or files to free up storage space in the phone’s internal memory.
- Delete and reinstall the Facebook Messenger app.
It has to be mentioned that the last action we showed you above is to delete and reinstall Facebook Messenger app, gives you access to the latest version (the one you wanted to download). In other words, you don’t have to update the app when you download it again.
On the other hand, we are obliged to inform you that we also You can update Facebook Messenger outside of the Google Play Store, What? Download the latest version in APK format.
Without adding much more in this regard, if you want to do it manually and outside of the Google App Store, you should scan the APK to see if it contains viruses, since these types of applications are not checked by the antivirus that Google im playstore.