WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging (IM) apps out there. Meta’s own service is used by billions of people worldwide. However, there are some limitations that some other IM apps don’t have – such as the lack of an Apple Watch app. Telegram, for example, allows users to quickly switch between multiple accounts on its app. WhatsApp doesn’t offer this feature, but there is a workaround for it. How to use two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone.
How to use two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone
Dual SIM phones have been around for years, but for some reason WhatsApp doesn’t allow account switching in its apps. Thanks to WhatsApp Business – an official business-oriented version of the app – users can use two accounts on iOS. If you’re not familiar with this app, it offers all the features of the regular version and more – like auto replies and catalogs. However, it is worth noting that WhatsApp marks your account as a business one if you are using that version of the app.
- Go to the App Store.
- If you’re already using the regular WhatsApp app:
- Search for WhatsApp business.
- Download the application.
- If you already use the WhatsApp Business app:
- At this point, you have two WhatsApp apps on your iPhone – the regular version and the business version.
- Create an account on the account you just installed. This way you can use each of the WhatsApp apps for a separate number/account.
I personally only use the regular version of the app as I don’t have more than one phone number. However, many people have two numbers for all sorts of reasons. Whether it’s a different number for work or one you only share with a certain group of people in your life, you can now have a dedicated WhatsApp account for it on the same iPhone.
Do you have more than one WhatsApp account? Let us know in the comment section below.