Constant WhatsApp, Messenger and Telegram message notifications are very annoying. Know how to mute chat notifications.
While messaging apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, and Messenger have made communication and texting easier, constant chat notifications sometimes become annoying, especially when you’re part of a multi-party chat group. However, all these apps have a mute feature that allows users to mute a group chat or a specific chat for some time or forever based on the user’s preference. WhatsApp allows users to mute personal and group chats for 8 hours or 1 week or forever, while Facebook Messenger and Telegram also offer the same feature. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to mute chats in the most used chat apps – Messenger, WhatsApp and Telegram.
How to mute chats on WhatsApp
1. Open WhatsApp and go to the chat you want to mute.
2. Long press on the profile icon or tap on three dots.
3. At the top you will see a mute icon or just the options to mute the chat
4. Tap on it and you will be presented with three options – 8 hours, 1 week and Always.
5. Tick the desired box and tap ok. Wow! It is finished. Messages from this chat will no longer annoy you.
How to mute chats on Facebook Messenger
1. Open Messenger and tap the contact icon that you want to mute.
2. You will see three options: Mute Message Notifications, Mute Call Notifications, Mute Messages and Call Notifications.
3. Choose the option according to your choice. The last option mutes notifications for calls and messages from that contact.
4. Tap OK and you’re done!