Telegram has the option of creating a user name and sharing it with others instead of the phone number.
Telegram is another popular instant messaging app that has a wide variety of features. It recently announced a handful of updates to its secure messaging network to allow all users to share contact information.
Telegram has the option of creating a username and sharing it with others instead of a phone number.
You need the latest version of the Telegram app and an active account with a good internet connection.
To create a username for a Telegram account:
1. Go to your Telegram app and click on the three horizontal bars in the top left corner.
2. Tap on Settings and under the Account section you will find the Username option.
3. Enter your username and preferred name. Tap the tick icon in the top right corner to save the changes.
To search for a username on Telegram:
1. Go to your Telegram app
2. Click the Search button
3. Enter the username and select from the search results
How to delete a user name on Telegram:
1. Go to Telegram
2. Click Settings
3. Delete the username you want to delete from the list of usernames and save it to make the changes
For IndiaToday.in’s full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic, click here.